Reverse Cycle Heating and Air Conditioning
Our heating and air conditioning team can service, repair and replace all types of Reverse Cycle Air conditioning unit.
No job is too big or too small.
Call us at Duncan’s Plumbing Service if you would like us to look after your system.
Like all things in life, out of site out of mind can be one of the most common reasons heating and air conditioning is neglected. We flick a switch and everything comes on and we think no more about it.
A high percentage of reverse cycle systems in Canberra are “split system”, this is basically when there is an outdoor unit and an indoor unit. These units including ducted units were also called heat pumps.
- The outdoor unit is exposed to the elements 365 days per year therefore the covers especially around the electrical connections are inspected for fatigue.
- Insects such as cockroaches etc. can make their home in the outdoor unit and cause damage to the printed circuit board. Once the pc board is damaged, the only option is to replace it.
- Mice and rats can use the pipe work leading from the outdoor unit to the indoor unit like a highway and once they’re inside the indoor unit, the damage they can cause can be very expensive.
- Oil residue on the outdoor unit can mean that there is refrigerant leaking causing the unit to fail.
- The fan and compressor capacitor are crucial to maintain the correct operation of the system
- Any plant matter especially vines will destroy a fan motor if they prevent the fan from operating correctly.
- Filters are checked and cleaned and in some cases replaced to ensure a maximum air flow.
- The electrical connections are inspected and tightened to prevent any electrical failure.
- The drain is checked to ensure the condensate created in summer vents away from the indoor unit correctly
- The fan barrel is checked as sometimes these can accumulate dust which will reduce the airflow and increase the noise of the indoor unit.
- The indoor unit is checked for vibrations which can be caused by a faulty fan motor.
- The controller is checked to make sure the louvers etc. are operating correct and of course to check that the controller itself is working correctly.